H.E. Inga Rhonda King
Her Excellency Inga Rhonda King, who comes to diplomacy from the private sector, has lived and worked in several Caribbean countries, the United States of America, and China. She is a small business owner, business strategist, the author of three books, and a management accountant with more than two decades of professional experience. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in mathematics and chemistry, is the immediate past chair of the Investment Promotions Agency of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (Invest SVG), and a former Honorary Consul for Portugal to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Since becoming Permanent Representative in September 2013, Ambassador King has held several leadership roles which include:
- Chair/Spokesperson of L69 (2016 – present), the largest reform group for the Security Council Reform of the United Nations.
- Vice-President of the Economic and Social Council for the period 2017-2018.
- Chair of the Fifth Committee of the General Assembly of the 71st Session (2016 – 2017). At the time of her chairmanship, she was only the second woman to chair this committee in the history of the United Nations.
- Past chair of the Island Women Open Network (IWON) (2014 – July 2018). The IWON is tasked with ensuring gender-mainstreaming in the renewable energy sector of Small Island Developing States by building capacity at the grassroots and community level. The IWON is a part of the SIDS DOCK Secretariat platform. SIDS Dock is a UN registered SIDS International Organization.
- 74th President of the United Nations Economic and Social Council